Now Operating as Epic Trust Financial Group, LLC
In mid 2020 we formed Epic Trust Financial Group to combine the services of taxes, insurance, and investments. We use the past to guide the future and have professional advice for you in each financial area of your life. We are now serving clients out of our new location at 1305 Fowler St, Ste 1D, Richland, WA 99352Contact Us
Our tax clients receive the highest refunds possible within the parameters set by the client and by law, and for those not getting a refund, our focus and energy is on limiting your tax liability and maximizing after-tax wealth. With a dedication to technology and efficiency, we often deliver tax and accounting services below competition’s prices while maintaining traditional values of honesty, integrity, and trust. When asked, we can also let you know what our fees are before we start working.
We provide federal and state tax services for individuals. While our clients have a low audit rate, we also provide representation before the IRS, including assistance with audits and appeals.
- Kids at college (and corresponding savings/education investment plans)
- Real estate sales and purchases
- Death in the family, often triggering trust and estate tax preparation
- Investment income and expenses
- Owning and managing rental property
- Letters from the IRS (we are licensed to represent tax payers in disputes or with simple correspondence with the IRS)
Most refunds are sent within 21 days. You can check the status of your refund within 24 hours after e-filing or within four weeks after mailing your return.
You will need:
- Social security number
- Filing status
- Exact refund amount
We provide tax preparation for partnerships, S-Corps, C-Corps, and sole proprietors, as well as accounting services for businesses including payroll, bookkeeping and assistance with entity setup.
We feel our obligation is to help relieve our fellow small business owners of the ever increasing load of paperwork involved with taxes, payroll, and general accounting work and let them focus on what they do best.
Our work has allowed us to work with owners to plan their entity type, establish accounting and payroll systems and offer general advice. We’ve also worked with mature businesses, many who have successfully been in business for 30, 40, or even 50 years. Whether you’re a sole proprietor just starting or a mature small corporation we feel confident in our ability to deliver valuable tax and accounting service for less than what you’d pay at other CPA firms.
Our experience and expertise is particularly fruitful when dealing with these business situations:
- Determining the appropriate entity, be it a sole proprietorship, partnership, an S-Corporation, or a traditional corporation. (As a side note, LLC’s for tax purposes can be three out of the four entity types mentioned above – the IRS does not recognize the LLC designation).
- End of year tax planning and advising on timing of equipment and inventory purchases
- Establishing compensation for S-Corp owners
- Processing payroll, handling state and federal quarterly and annual payroll reports, including 941’s and W2’s.
- Handling bookkeeping, including monthly reconciliations and regularly delivering P&L statements to owners and investors.
- Dealing with IRS letters: we are licensed to represent businesses before the IRS in disputes or in simple correspondence.
- Preparing tax returns of all entity types, including individuals, estates and trusts, partnerships, and corporations.
For over thirty years, we have provided tax and accounting services to clients in the Tri-Cities, WA and beyond. As a local company, we have experience specific to local industries, such as farming and construction. As an independent company, we are flexible in our methods and can work with a variety of accounting software programs or accounting methods with the possible exception of the receipts-in-a-shoe box method. We take the confidentiality of your information seriously and take all necessary precautions to communicate and store information securely. Some of our clients prefer to do all interactions through mail and in person, while other clients use our secure client portal to share files and communicate sensitive information safely and instantly. As a licensed CPA firm in Washington we are members of the Washington State CPA Society as well as the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
Contact us with any inquiries or to set up an appointment.